[ExI] "Atlas Shrugged" film review

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Apr 23 14:39:42 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins

>...Sigh.  We had been bombing anything that could remotely be the
manufacturing capability to do anything with nukes since the first Iraq War
and severely limiting incoming supplies to the country.  There was
absolutely no possibility that Iraq had any capability as the hype said to
fire and land a missile of any kind anywhere in the US...

Missiles?  We knew they didn't have missiles.  Saddam was faking that he was
trying to refine yellowcake into uranium 235.  He was trying to get the US
to be just suspicious enough to warn off Iran.  Actually that worked, sort
of: Iran did stay back, but for fear of chemical and bio weapons.  Saddam's
goal was to scare away the invaders, not provoke them to invade.  It's the
Middle Eastern way.  It's a dangerous neighborhood.

>...They didn't even have the capacity to keep they normal pharmaceuticals
up much less launch some biological attack on the US.    - s

Sadam didn't seem particularly interested in normal pharmaceuticals.  But
launching a bio attack was one of the fears.  That seemed to be the one that
was giving Powell nightmares.