[ExI] Machine Intelligence Survey

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Apr 26 08:57:19 UTC 2011

Brent Allsop wrote:

> That was very fascinating information.  It would sure be fun to make
> something like this more dynamic, and increasingly comprehensive, i.e.
> it'd be fun to be able to participate, and see others I know included.
We have been thinking of doing an extended version, likely aimed at top
academics but maybe also with a public side (one interesting question is
after all what different groups think - we didn't see any difference
among our crowd, but surely there is a difference between different
communities).

> Towards that end, I've created a canonizer.com survey topic and
> started a camp of my own, for your milestones question number 4 here:
>
> http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/121

Cool! I'll show it to the others at the institute.

> It'd be great to expand such survey's, make them much more
> comprehensive, and track where everyone is as ever more scientific
> data comes in, and be able to use such material as very convincing
> educational references for others on such important still theoretical
> topics.
>
> Anders, would you be interested in cross linking your survey back to
> this, so perhaps any others interested in participating in the future
> my be aware of this possibility at canonizer.com?

I'll try to do that (not entirely trivial due to the website bureaucracy
in Oxford), but it seems a worthwhile project.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Future of Humanity Institute