[ExI] codependency with your friend, the invisible tormentor

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:33:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Talk about cognitive dissonance containment--here's a headline to make a
> rational person cringe:
>
> On Easter Sunday, Possum Kingdom Lake churchgoers find renewed faith amid
> wildfire
>         Dallas Morning News

It is very common to focus on the things that are most important to
you in times of high stress. If you are an atheist, what you focus on
may be your family or something else important to you. If you are a
Christian, you may focus on your faith in God, your immortal soul,
repentance or something else important to you. I find this to be a
perfectly reasonable response on the part of the churchgoers. I would
not find renewed faith amid wildfires, but it would surely focus me
very sharply on what I think is important.

-Kelly