[ExI] Did Hugo de Garis leave the field?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:06:27 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 15:50, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> You lose me here. What curve are you talking about? Seems to me that
> between the civil war and the dawn of the space race there was a lot
> of progress in a lot of areas. In which area do you claim stagnation
> in this period?

No, I mean exactly the opposite. I am even inclined to consider the
changes which took place in that period on an equal scale with the
neolithic revolution Even though some of their consequences were
realised or implemented only later, and in part still are being, thus
giving us the false perspective of "dwarves on the shoulders of
giants".

> The point RK makes is that there is almost always an appropriate
> cultural and societal background SOMEWHERE.

Yes, this is also my bet and hope. Unless of course globalisation and
one(-brave-new-)worldism have their way, that is. A constant point of
argument with our friend James Hughes and his ideas of "planetary
governance".

--
Stefano Vaj