[ExI] PaleoCRON?

Jones Murphy morphy at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 26 19:04:51 UTC 2011

Agreed, Stefano, that Paleo does cut calories relative to typical
modern diets. Most people do not have anywhere near the genetic
potential of an Olympic athlete, so I'm not clear why that's the
standard you hold CR in particular to...? If you have miserable
athletic potential to start with, why would you care about sacrificing
athletic performance to spend more than marginally more years in
comfort down the road? CR yields about 1% lifespan per 1% reduction in
calorie intake, up to well over 60% in the studies of animals. That
ain't marginal my friend, esp considering the quality of life, late in
life.