[ExI] Status as human motivator

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Apr 27 09:28:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:14:24AM -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:

> I am not any kind of financial expert, so it is entirely probable that
> I've missed something vitally important in this argument.

I am no financial expert either, but most of the current trades and
investment instruments deal with imaginary money. There are very large
very volatile numbers with no according activity at the physical layer.

For all practical purposes this is Monte Carlo. (And, hey, pst, most of
GDP is smoke and mirrors as well. Who knew?)

And it's been getting worse as we speak. I hope you've stocked up
on popcorn.