[ExI] Dismissing Shockley was Status as human motivator

Jones Murphy morphy at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 27 10:30:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 12:03:16PM +0200, Jones Murphy wrote:
>> Shockley was paranoid about dysgenia, but there appears to be
>> overwhelming eugenia going on:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
>
> People are measuring shit. You should talk to guys in HR.

I've spent many decades talking to people in HR at some very big
companies. What does that have to do with the fact that vast numbers
of people all over the world are better fed and nurtured in their
critical early years, and thus have more working intelligence than
ever before? What do you believe you know that these thousands of
researchers have missed?