[ExI] Status as human motivator

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Apr 28 07:01:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 06:30:32AM +0200, Jones Murphy wrote:
> I've only shorted a few billion in stock(and bonds, and currencies and
> a whole lot of other things) in my  ongoing trading career, Samantha.

You're obviously not stupid. Why did you pick that particular career?

> Tell me more about why shorting only succeeds because of exact
> predictions.

This looks like you have to meet a considerable number of
assumptions in order to succeed
http://www.fool.com/FoolFAQ/FoolFAQ0033.htm
while you risk to blowing up is uncontainable.
So this is exactly Monte Carlo investing.

Of course if you're predicting the collapse of the entire
system, you cannot use the system to your advantage.
Few if any promises will be kept.