[ExI] How slow is capitalism?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Apr 28 22:24:31 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 03:42 AM, Jones Murphy wrote:
> Keith is on to something here. While I obviously wouldn't agree with
> any law prohibiting me from doing what I do now, I certainly didn't
> leave physics for Wall St because quantum optics or general relativity
> were boring.

Oh yeah.  Government tilting the playing field has worked so especially
well to date.  It has produced such super abundant societies with huge
surpluses that we should obviously do much more of it.  If the
government had not stole so much  that the dollar is now worth 3 cents
compared to when the Federal Reserve started then there would very
likely be much much more money chasing physicists and other specialties
than there is today.

- samantha