[ExI] Status as human motivator

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:07:48 UTC 2011

> Rafal wrote:
> ### Interesting. I am very familiar with black scientists in US
> universities and companies, and so far I have not found any evidence
> of "racism" - except in the form of affirmative action. My personal
> observations are supported by a wealth of statistical evidence -
> blacks in the US are in fact more likely to be admitted to
> universities, graduate programs and to find jobs than whites and most
> definitely than Asians of equal ability. If anything, there is a
> pervasive and significant discrimination against Asians in the US.
> Definitely not against blacks.
>  extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org

Rafal, perhaps you need a "Black Like Me," experience.  Yes, I realize the
book is dated, but still...  I did not realize Asians faced significant
discrimination against them in the United States.  Well, I do remember a
male Asian friend saying Asian women preferred dating white & black men, and
how frustrated he felt, but that's different.

John