[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 29 09:05:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 02:29:46AM -0400, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> All this looks to me like a knee-jerk reaction to other people making

Allright, it took me reading five books to arrive at my particular
knee-jerk reaction.

> oodles of money in a way one does not understand - just like the

It's worse -- they do it it in the way they themselves do not
understand.

> demonstrably stupid yet depressingly common denigration of
> short-sellers and speculators.

Destroying retirement funds, making money off clueless small
"investors" and bringing the system crashing down are defintely
great value creators. I think the denigration these people deserve
is doing jail time.