[ExI] Status as human motivator

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:44:36 UTC 2011

On 26 April 2011 19:34, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Years ago, back in the nineties, I got a lot of abuse and even was
> lambasted from the bench by a federal judge over recognizing the
> importance of status seeking as a human motivator.

I think this is an exceedingly interesting point.

The crux of that, however, is that scientific or engineering or
medical achievements used to be of much higher status value than they
are today.

Every child wanted to be Einstein or von Braun or Barnard in the
sixties. Now I suppose many of them would rather be bankers or fashion
stylists.

--
Stefano Vaj