[ExI] it's better than it used to be

Max More max at maxmore.com
Fri Apr 29 22:45:10 UTC 2011

I read that one yesterday (Action Comics #900). This isn't at all new in
comics (see The Authority, for instance), but it's a big deal when an
American icon like Superman seriously considers renouncing his citizenship.
(Batman has recently globalized too, though by supporting regional versions
of himself rather than by renouncing citizenship or relocating).

Too bad we can't be citizens of the world. Some of us can manage dual
nationality, but it's not the same. In practice, however, I fear that global
citizenship would come with an additional layer of taxes and rules.

Up, up, and away!

--- Max