[ExI] How slow is capitalism?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:41:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Samantha Atkins wrote:
> Do you think that is remotely an answer to what has been done to us?
> Do you think it will make things better from here?  Do you have anything constructive to add?

You don't need to tell the US people how bad things are. They know
from daily experience that their leaders are lying to them.

Survivalists used to be a fringe group.  Now they call themselves
'preppers'  and there are support groups in every state.

<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/04/07/prweb5230144.DTL>
Quote:
Japan Earthquake & Nuclear Crisis Create Epic Demand For Emergency
Preparedness Supplies
Thursday, April 7, 2011

Japan earthquake, tsunami & nuclear crisis has slammed Emergency
Preparedness Suppliers across the country, resulting in epic demand
for Freeze Dried Food and Survival Kits. Unprecedented levels of
demand for these products has literally wiped out inventories,
resulting in months long delays for supplies.

"Prepping," stocking supplies for an uncertain future -- an act that
was once considered fringe -- is apparently becoming mainstream as
more and more people are becoming alarmed by current events. "Our
customer base is increasing dramatically in scale and diversity,"
reveals Baum. "Today we are just as likely to receive an order for 6
months of food supplies from a business executive in Los Angeles as we
are a traditional prepper. Its good for business, but a sad state of
affairs."

I understand the Mormons are already into this as standard practice.

BillK