[ExI] Efficiency of algorithmic trading

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:54:42 UTC 2011

2011/4/29 Mr Jones <mrjones2020 at gmail.com>:
> I'm not sure what your case is.  That's it's reasonable for CEO's to make
> over a thousand times an avg. worker?

What about the ability of accumulating virtual exchange units -
essentially by the manipulation thereof and beyond any limit of what
you can expect to be able to consume - having become the exclusive
adaptative trait, hierarchical factor and status symbol in our
societies?

I do not know what our libertarian friends make of it, but I do not
see any of especially obvious or productive in such development.

In fact, if you add to that an increasingly limited social mobility, I
suspect it to make for an exceedingly stagnant society, where very
little new wealth is created and real-world (as opposed to
"financial") innovation is abhorred.

But those who are concerned by the "end of work" in a "post-scarcity
world" need not fear.

There will always be more and more banks, financial institutions and
intermediaries, employing increasing numbers of people in an endless
trading and selling one another of increasingly abstract "financial
products", at least as long as the system will be able to feed all
those employees. :-)

--
Stefano Vaj