[ExI] No Moon Bases Needed (John Grigg)

Kevin G Haskell kgh1kgh2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 06:39:44 UTC 2011

>>On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 02:06:48 -0700, John Grigg Wrote:
>>Eugen Leitl wrote:
>>You've fallen prey to the Singularity cult. Our 'friends from the future'
>>are out worst enemies, because the make us sit there in langurous
>>apathy.

>>Don't ask what the future can do for you, ask what you can do for the
>>uture. Or else there won't be any future for you.

>Eugen, I am so glad you're here to talk sense to the dreamers like Kevin
>and myself.  I personally think there will be a Singularity, but that it
will
>robably happen at least several decades later than Ray Kurzweil >predicts.

>John  : )

Glad you see it happening, too, John. Personally, I'm more 'optimistic'
about when the Singularity will occur than either Kurzweil or yourself.
Providing that we can keep a growing global economy, without destroying
ourselves first, I think we have a chance of hitting the Singularity by the
mid-to-late 2020s.

Kevin :)