[ExI] Robert Ettinger's obituary in NYT

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Tue Aug 2 15:32:23 UTC 2011

John Clark wrote:

>The "newspaper of record", The New York Times just published
>Robert  Ettinger's obituary":
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/30/us/30ettinger.html

It seems to be more accurate than the Washington Post obit
but the tone is insulting.

Have any of the obits gone into why cryonics might be prudent?
Cryonics as an ambulance through time, the prospects of
molecular nanotechnology, and the assessment that a slim
chance of revival is better than none, could be presented in
lay terms in a sentence apiece.

Hell, I'm writing a children's book on cryonics, for ages 4-8.
(Among several other book I have written or am writing for kids
on extropian themes.) It's not hard to explain.

-- David.