[ExI] NBIC/GRIN Elements as Philosopher's Magnum Opus

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Aug 8 13:18:10 UTC 2011

Damien wrote:

>>how the heck can we create an appropriate egg polis?

>For a mad moment I thought you'd written "how the hen can we create an
appropriate egg
>polis?"

>Arthur C. Cluck

It seems that the quintessence of life was in the relationship between
Barbara and the "gap" where she recognized a potential problem because she
had been there done that before. And, the contractor didn't see a gap
because he was overconfident about his technology and his skills.  Here is
the problem. Those who have experienced nature's pain in the rear and those
who think their technology and skill is unbreakable.  The deadly sight of
the animals was horrific to be sure, and that is in par with the emotional
pain people feel when their hopes are diminished, as death comes in many
variations.  What is interesting to me is that fixing the gap would have
taken a little extra time to prevent a foreseeable problem.

Natasha