[ExI] Captchas

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 13 05:30:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, 8/12/11, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
  "maybe you're a devout spelling simplifier, like George Bernard Shaw"
He said that if you used the same rules of pronunciation and spelling that are used in the words tough, women, and nation then the word "Fish" should be spelled as "Ghoti". As a matter of fact the speech synthesizer on my computer DOES pronounce Ghoti as Fish!
"he should insist on spattering his pages with confused "affects" and "effects" instead of acting on his knowledge that the words have quite different meanings"
Not just different meanings but QUITE different meanings?? I think not.

 John K Clark