[ExI] Old still true (BillK)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 21:03:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM, Keith Henson wrote:
> Sorry, I just can't believe that.  This is emergent, the result of a
> vast number of individual decisions, with no central organization.
> People just can't do planing and organization that large without
> leaving tracks on the scale of the Apollo program.  I wish they could
> because a lot of very desirable things could get done, but they just
> can't.
>
> That's 1/1000 of the population.  Taking the US at 300 M, that's
> 300,000 people.  The transfer of wealth to this small a group may well
> be happening, but it has to be emergent.  I just can't buy the idea
> that it could be planned or organized.

'Emergent' within a relatively small group of billionaires would be an
acceptable description.

The financial industry and the Fed are run by a very small group of
people. The Fed managers and Goldman Sachs managers swap jobs on a
regular basis. It's called a revolving door.

The Goldman, Citibank, etc. billions buy a lot of influence in Congress.

It was deliberate policy to move jobs to China and shut down the US
factories while increasing CEO salaries astronomically.

But it wasn't hard times that caused the US wars. The US population
has been remarkably quiet and few are actually in the army.  It was
the military industrial corporations lobbying for defence expenditure
money.

BillK