[ExI] Do we live in a universe that allows infinite computation?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:19:41 UTC 2011

The trouble that I see is that it undermines the notion of your subjective
immortality.  The soup becomes aleph-aleph and then it is every bit of
possible mindedness.  More of a god than any one mind's forever.

On Aug 18, 2011 10:03 AM, "john clark" <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

On Aug 17,  "Samantha Atkins" <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> "Pretty thin hope for immortality and inf...
Thin yes, but perhaps not infinitely thin.

On *Wed, 8/17/11, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>* wrote

> "I agree, Samantha.  What I find even more troubling with the concept is
that it can't be theor...
Troubling? I don't find it so but that is a matter of taste. Mind boggling?
Yes certainly, that would boggle any mind. True? Maybe.

 John K Clark