[ExI] Do we live in a universe that allows infinite computation?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:19:15 UTC 2011

Oh.  I meant in the universe where you exist and *then* we invent
compusoup.  I am saying that if we create it in *this* world then we will
have to radically reconsider etc etc

On Aug 18, 2011 12:10 PM, "john clark" <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

 On Thu, 8/18/11, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:

> "The trouble that I see is th...

I don't see how. I don't see how the existence of every logically consistent
variation of me in a parallel universe could effect (or even affect) my
subjectivity right now in this universe. Hell even if the multiverse theory
is true I may never subjectively know that it is true, so how could it have
anything to do with my present subjectivity? I don't see how those other
versions of me could cause this me any harm, nor do I see how I could harm
them even if I wanted to, and I don't.

 John K Clark