[ExI] ai class at stanford

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 14:39:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Mike Dougherty  wrote:
> Don't be sorry.  If you (we) are still invested in doing a good job
> you must have some sense of stewardship of both the data and the code
> that manipulates it.  When everything turns feral your only option is
> to put it down.  I think we need more guardians of sanity protecting
> the future from chaos.

It's boring, but developing spreadsheets rarely goes through a version
and change control system with a systematic testing program and
backing out of failed versions.

Usually because the user says 'It's just a spreadsheet'. But if you
are attempting to write a proper program in a spreadsheet, then it is
important enough to do proper IT development processes.

BillK