[ExI] turing test, was: RE: ai class at stanford

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 02:26:24 UTC 2011

"We begin with a love story--from a man who unwittingly fell in love
with a chatbot on an online dating site. Then, we encounter a robot
therapist whose inventor became so unnerved by its success that he
pulled the plug. And we talk to the man who coded Cleverbot, a
software program that learns from every new line of conversation it
receives...and that's chatting with more than 3 million humans each
month. Then, five intrepid kids help us test a hypothesis about a toy
designed to push our buttons, and play on our human empathy. And we
meet a robot built to be so sentient that its creators hope it will
one day have a consciousness, and a life, all its own. "

http://www.radiolab.org/2011/may/31/

Make the time to listen to this, the interview with the creator of the
Furby is worth the price of admission alone. But the first story, the
guy who fell in love with a chatbot? It happened twice, and I believe
he said he works in AI. Fascinating.

--
Emlyn

http://my.syyn.cc - Synchonise Google+, Facebook, WordPress and Google