[ExI] spike turing test, was RE: ai class at stanford

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Aug 30 17:23:57 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Subject: Re: [ExI] ai class at stanford

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> ...So rather than calling this the "Turing" test, we'll call this the
"Adrian" test.

>...and there's the ad hominem.  The expected value of the rest of your post
is low enough that I'm not even going to read it.  I will, however, post
this just in case those were honest mistakes, so you can reply without
making yourself appear not worth talking to in the future.

Kelly has posted enough here that we know he has not a trace of malice.
That being said, the idea itself is sound: we can come up with personalized
versions of the broad category we call "Turing test" and attach our names,
so that my notion of slipping a chatbot into a teenspeak group to see if
they notice would be the spike Turing test.  Bonus: that way we can pretend
we are long lost relatives of Alan.

Spike Turing