[ExI] Alcor dumping "grandfathering"?

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:23:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM,  Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:

> Keith:  Rather than inflaming people based on rumors, why not wait until
> Alcor communicates  what is being considered in order to tackle the massive
> underfunding problem that has accumulated over many years? (Details of a
> possible proposal will probably come out in about two weeks.) Something MUST
> be done, but the proposal under consideration is much less dire than you're
> painting it.

That's nice to know.

But even dumping old timers like me is *far* from the most serious
concern I have.

Regardless of what Alcor *says,* the actions *not* taken over the past
few years make it look from the outside like Alcor is giving up on
it's mission.  The conclusion from the financial analysis that Alcor
loses money on every member it takes on is obviously wrong (some of
those members kick in millions when they die). But the effect of this
belief is that Alcor has been making next to no efforts to gain new
members--a sensible path if you accept the financial analysis.

I appreciate the problems you have.  If you want to discuss them
privately, you have my phone number.  I am just as willing to hash
them out in public.  It's not like I have not done that before.  :-)

Keith Henson