[ExI] Wiki entry of Critical Theory of Posthumanism

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:17:10 UTC 2011

I was reading the Wikipedia entry on the critical theory branch of
posthumanism for discussion with a friend and I came across this:

"The posthuman is a being that relies on context rather than
relativity<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativism>,
on situated objectivity<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(philosophy)>
rather
than universal objectivity, and on the creation of meaning through 'play'
between constructions of informational
pattern<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_recognition> and
reductions to the randomness of on-off
switches<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-off_keying>,
which are the foundation of digital <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital>
binary <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system> systems"
(Wikipedia entry on posthumanism)

I think I may have some idea what they mean when they say 'creation of
meaning through play between constructions of informational pattern' and
some vague idea of what contextual objectivity might mean, but the rest
leaves me somewhat bewildered. This is why I never took philosophy in
college. I can find no other place on the web or Wikipedia itself that
clarifies what in the hell this might means Anybody got any idea? It could
be the reason this passage was flagged as needing citation.

Darren

--
Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own
blood.

<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/friedrichn159245.html>
Friedrich Nietzsche<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/friedrichn159245.html>