[ExI] How do we construct workable institutions and ethical behaviors?

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 16:39:58 UTC 2011

2011/12/6 John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>
<<<Ironically, I now see the hopefully coming Singularity (even if it
is a soft take-off) as a means to  finally successfully deal with the
massive corruption we see.  I suppose I envision A.G.I. being vastly
more effective regulators than humans.  But perhaps machines will not
be granted the authority to become directly involved in these
issues.>>>

Many smart people are corrupted. Smart AGIs may well be even more
corrupted than today's human regulators. It is difficult to imagine
how one can be even more corrupted than today's regulators, but
remembers that AGIs may be superintelligent.