[ExI] Origin of ethics and morals

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 10 05:59:44 UTC 2011

>... On Behalf Of Keith Henson
>...The meaning of the biblical version meant don't kill members of your
tribe.  The point I would make is that ethics and morals can be largely if
not entirely predicted on the basis of genetic considerations...Keith

Ja.  If you check it in the original language, the term translated as kill
has a different flavor.  It more accurately would be translated as "thou
shalt not murder" and even then it really does not apply to those outside
one's tribe.  Consider that the society that developed that rule quite
cheerfully went about specifically slaying entire neighboring tribes, down
to the last man, woman and child.  The commandment was against murdering
one's own tribesmen.

I didn't become an atheist easily, but I did so very thoroughly.