[ExI] Ebooks Formats and ebook readers

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Dec 10 11:10:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 01:02:33AM +0100, Tomasz Rola wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2011, Tomasz Rola wrote:
>
> > Nook looks interesting, but I am not going to buy it right now. Before I
> > do, I will have to examine the "sunshine problem". Unless Eugene takes his
> > for sun bathing :-).
>
> Ops, pardon me, Eugen, please.

I typically don't read things in the bright sunlight for some
reason (not that I'm a vampire, or anything). If I did I'd
buy an eInk device along with a regular tablet. As eInk displays
don't do color, and eInk devices can't handle scanned djvu and
pdf. Plus, it's nice to be able to read in total darkness (hmm,
maybe vampirism can't be ruled out, after all).