[ExI] How do we construct workable institutions and ethical behaviors?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:03:17 UTC 2011

On 11 December 2011 23:59, Jeff Davis <jrd1415 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/12/11 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> > Moreover, how would those issuing bad mortgage be "thieves"?
>
> When people engage knowingly in illegal and unethical behavior
> intended to enrich them while knowingly causing others financial loss,
> that in my view is theft.

Sorry, professional deformation, but I think that usury or blackmail or
criminal fraud or embezzlement or corruption fall as well as theft in the
category of "illegal and unethical behavior intended to enrich them while
knowingly causing others financial loss" even though they are considered as
distinct crimes by all existing legal systems.

In fact, they may command a harsher sentence than mere theft. And rightly
so, IMHO.

--
Stefano Vaj