[ExI] Stanford AI class wrapup

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:00:39 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Lapsed, found some cool stuff in the textbook, got distracted.  Good
> discussions on Reddit.  Might go back and listen to the rest of the
> lectures, haven't decided if I will do the exams.  Probably depends on how
> my job goes in the next few weeks.  Expecting a lotta action soon.  {8-]
> spike

Seems to be the majority response.  Of the 160K initial applicants, there
are apparently only 30K - including basic and advanced - still following to
the end, and 23K passed the midterm.

BTW, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmdiPUGGe8&feature=mfu_channel&list=UL
is a good Q&A on thoughts about online education, informed in part by the
class (though focused more on Khan Academy).