[ExI] Ashkenazi Longevity was Re: The Catholic Impact (was Re: Origin of ethics and morals)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 01:18:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM, PJ Manney <pjmanney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sadly, not all Ashkenazim have two copies of the variant necessary.
> According to 23 and Me, I only carry one copy, which they imply does
> not confer the same extreme longevity, but perhaps moderate increases.
>  I'll just have to take extra good care of myself...  ;-)

I ran into 23 and me the other day, but their web site really sucks in
terms of telling you what they do. How many things can they tell you
about yourself? What sorts of things are they?

Have many of you used their services? Has it seemed worthwhile to you?

> Because of the all the screening
> in the Jewish community, Tay-Sachs has been virtually eradicated --
> there hasn't been a new case since 2003.

That is an astonishing success story. Why hasn't this been told where
I could read it, I wonder. Perhaps I'm not reading widely enough...
LOL

-Kelly