[ExI] FW: Larry King wants to be cryopreserved

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Dec 18 06:04:58 UTC 2011

It is not confirmed yet, but looks very likely to go ahead: On January 11,
I'm scheduled to appeared on the Dr. Oz Show alongside Larry King. There
will probably be a couple of other people who are not yet confirmed. The
producer tells me that Larry King has confirmed. (The show also wants to
film at Alcor the week before the in-studio appearance.)

I've never seen the show, but it clearly has a large audience, and Mr King
is popular. Celebrities can be as much of a problem for cryonics as an
opportunity, but this case seems fairly likely to be beneficial.

--Max

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:32 PM, David Lubkin <lubkin at unreasonable.com>wrote:

> The article in People left out much of the juice. I have my remote control
> set to cycle between the news channels, and I often have news on while
> I work. When I hit CNN, the topic in question was just beginning, so I
> stayed with it.
>
> It's not just that he wants cryonics.
>
> He does not believe in an afterlife.
>
> He wants to live forever.
>
> He was asked but if you are revived in hundreds of years, all your
> friends will be dead. His reply? I'll make new friends.
>
> ISTM King is the most prominent person to publicly declare their
> serious desire to be frozen. Is there anyone else faintly near his
> name recognition? (Ted Williams's arrangements weren't public
> until after his suspension.)
>

> -- David.

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher