[ExI] The Catholic Impact (was Re: Origin of ethics and morals)

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 10:44:15 UTC 2011

2011/12/21 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> On 21 December 2011 03:48, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We could have a whole separate discussion about how the massive
>> immigration to Europe of fundamentalist Muslims may be potentially a
>> very destabilizing thing.
>>
>> These are people who *do not* want to merge into the Western melting
>> pot.  They instead want the West to adapt to them...
>

> Well, I could represent a peculiar position here since I actually think that
> Muslims are perfectly right to do what they can to protect their diversity
> *and* that Europeans would in turn be equally right to protect their own,
> namely by stopping their import as wage slaves by those who are in a
> position to externalise the costs concerned on their communities - draining
> in the process the puppet-States the immigrants originate from, with the
> collaboration of their corrupted "élites", of human resources who would be
> essential to their future.

This may be stating the obvious (or not), but the US problem of
immigration from Mexico (legal and illegal) and the European problem
of Islamic immigration (also legal and otherwise) may have a lot of
parallels... Particularly in this area of why the power elites allow
it to keep happening. Cheap labor is a hard thing to refuse for the
elite. And it's hard to get cheap labor without a lot of unintended
consequences and side effects. To me it all seems like short term
thinking, except on the part of the US Democrats who are thinking very
long term about keeping up their voting base by creating a new segment
of underclass. That makes PERFECT sense to me. Why the Republicans go
along with it is also understandable, but short term thinking, if the
Democrats are right about the Hispanic voting block staying largely
Democrat. I don't know if there are similar political calculations
going on in Europe, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

-Kelly