[ExI] Fermi question, was is a FTL drive a dream . . .

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 10:56:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:19 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

>> > So the pesky rodents gets terminated when they get too uppity, and
>> > realize they've been living in cage #9?
>> >
>> > Occam sez: I will cut you.
>>
>> Occam actually comes down on the side that we're already in a
>> simulation... if you really think about it hard enough.
>
> You must go deeper ;)

Probably... but if you grant that such a simulation is possible...
then it seems far more likely that we are one of the Gazillion
Trillion simulations that such technology would undoubtedly produce vs
the ONE and ONLY real ancestors that inspired said simulations... Yes,
it is a more complex explanation, thus Occam comes into play, but
statistically, the odds would seem to favor us being in such a
simulation... So Occam seems to be trumped by probability... maybe.

-Kelly