[ExI] mit's answer to the stanford ai class

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:59:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:37 AM, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> There may even be AIs out there that scour the web for your
> information and present it to HR people in a concise format. If there
> aren't, there soon will be. This is entirely within the realm of what
> Watson or his cousins can accomplish.

It won't even require much scouring.  All the social media platforms
are moving to providing the tools for people to give up this
information themselves.  Sousveillance might seem scary at first but
people who would mostly likely reject it when it is presented directly
are embracing it when thinly veiled.

I agree that I've never gotten a job through a friend - however the
resume does attempt to convince a potential employer to give you the
opportunity.  In my case I answered a cold-call from a placement
company and sent them my resume.  While not exactly a "friend," that
person was in contact with a larger pool of opportunities than I had
available to me.

I already trust information on StackOverflow more than 98% of
less-trusted sites.  Why?  Somehow that community has been more
reliable to solve the problems I've looked up.