[ExI] The Catholic Impact (was Re: Origin of ethics and morals)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 11:13:01 UTC 2011

On 24 December 2011 09:47, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry to barge into the middle of this... but while Japan is not
> xenophobic in the sense of ideas or visiting people, they are still
> one of the most "racially pure" focused peoples on earth. Racism (such
> as against Koreans) is still pretty widespread in Japan, is it not?

I do not know whether this is "racism", but certainly is a cultural trait
quite essential to Japanese identity. Curiously enough, it is in fact
historically coupled with an extreme xenophilia (with China for most of
Japanese history and with the West later).

> And I would add parenthetically, that Japan suffers greatly from the
> lack of an imported underclass... their population/age dynamic is
> messed up! No kids, lots of old people... it's gonna bite them hard,
> and probably already is.

I am inclined to see the things in reverse in this respect. Japan is
actually suffering, and is going to suffer severely, from its population
dynamic. An imported underclass could hardly remedy that, and its absence
sofar may have attenuated some of its consequences...

--
Stefano Vaj