[ExI] mit's answer to the stanford ai class

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 24 16:49:15 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kelly Anderson

"See, the sad thing about a guy like you is in 50 years you're gonna staht
doin some thinkin on your own and you're gonna come up with the fact that
there are two certaintees in life. One, don't do that. And Two, you dropped
a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin education you coulda got for a dollah
fifty in late chahges at the public library."
- Will Hunting in Good Will Hunting

I have extracted a better education hanging out on the internet than I did
in college.  I can't even say it was because I wasted my time in college: I
didn't.  I was a geek, studied constantly, learned a lot there, consider it
a most worthwhile, if expensive exercise.  We didn't even have beer at that
college, or if so I don't know where it was, and I had only one girl.  But
when I later went primarily to internet learning, I had far more control
over the direction and pace.  That aspect of internet learning is an
important point in this discussion.