[ExI] commies drop one on some hapless prole's house

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 25 16:06:19 UTC 2011

Subject: Re: [ExI] commies drop one on some hapless prole's house

>...Aren't they capitalists now?  Doesn't that mean that a capitalist govt
has underperformed, bested by Marxian rationalists?  Clearly Communism is
the superior system... YMMV.  Jeff

Jeff, me lad, when I refer to the Russians as the commies, it is not a
commentary on political or economic systems, but rather more the way one
would use a team name.  For instance, we still refer to the New York Yankees
to this day, even though the war between the Rebels and the Yankees ended
nearly a century and a half ago.  The Russians have long since gone
functionally capitalist, and watched in bemused astonishment as the US has
moved steadily towards communism.  The two systems aren't that much
different today, yet I still refer to them as the Yankees and the Commies.

If caution is needed, it is perhaps because it trivializes the brutal
tension between two schools of thought which resulted in world war 3, which
spanned most of the twentieth century and killed millions.  After all that
suffering, we came to find out there is very little real difference between
capitalism and communism.

That being said, I have no problem with Marx' notion.  I append my own
critically important first and only amendment, so that it goes like this:

>From each according to his ability, to each according to his need, the right
and responsibility of each to determine for himself his abilities and needs.