[ExI] could a nigerian theoretically give away money?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun Dec 25 19:43:34 UTC 2011

Hi Spike,

I like the way you think!  That would be a very good charity, in a kind
of Darwan award kind of way (as in anyone fool dumb enough to get
suckered by a 419 scammer, does not deserve the money as much as poor
Nigeria does.)

There is surely a good chance any legitimate person would get answered
by a 419 scam baiter (Google for it, if you don't know what that is.)
Most people probably can't understand why anyone would spend time doing
anything like that, but I find the whole idea very intertaining.  It is
quite fun to read the stories about what these scam baiters have sucked
out of these scammers.  Of course, the ultimate goal is to scam them out
of money.  I dabled in doing this a bit several years back.  I listened
to their scam with great intention, and came up with a reverse scam
story that required them to get money to me, so I could pay off some
medical stuff, that would free up some assets, which I could then fill
their request with, and so on.  Everything is designed with the goal of
dragging them on for as long as possible, wasting as much time as
possible, and getting them to expend as much resources as you can get
them to expend, trying to get money from you.  This guy I got on the
line spent hours sending me e-mails, calling me multiple times -
international calls.  I got him to send me some quite nice casheres
checks that look like they are worth $6000. Googling for fake casheres
checks, I was able to validate that they were not legitimate  but I keep
them as a trophy and so on.   We were good friends, having fun with each
other, for quite some time.

Bottom line is, if any lagitimate non scamer got caught on the line with
one of these scam baiters - my guess is they'd eventually find some way
to prove to each other they were legitimate, and finally accomplish
whatever it was they were legitimately attempting.  And as you say, it'd
probably make it in the news, and do exactly what you describe, leading
many others to fall prey to the scheme.

Brent Allsop