[ExI] could a nigerian (Nigerian - it's a nation) (but i always write all subject lines in all lower case) (oh I see, it's ok then) theoretically give away money?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sun Dec 25 20:33:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011, spike wrote:

[...]
> Thanks Tomasz, but I disagree.  In my scenario, everything the Nigerian
> philanthropist said and did is genuine and true, even if with hopes of
> reaping benefits for Nigeria at the expense of America.  The plot is to give
> away actual money in order to lend (illegitimate) legitimacy to spam.  No
> trickery other than telling the truth in a setting where everyone expects a
> lie.
>
> Sort of analogous situation: a cop goes out to some random spot where there
> is nothing happening and says loudly "Move along folks, there's nothing to
> see here."  Immediately a crowd gathers, asking "Where?"  He responds "Right
> here."  They, "What?"  He, "Nothing."  They, "What do you mean, there's
> nothing to see here?"  He, "I meant, there's nothing to see here."  They,
> "But when a cop says 'there's nothing to see here,' that always means there
> is something to see here.  Where and what?"  He, "Here, nothing."  And so
> on.  If a cop says "There is nothing to see here" and there really is
> nothing to see here, he is lying.  He lies by telling the truth.
>
> Everyone knows that all Nigerian spam is a lie.  Therefore if a Nigerian
> lies, she is telling the truth, and if she tells the truth, she is lying.

All right, now I realized that your plan is flawed because it is flawless.

But it is still good to try, even though it's flawed, because it is
flawless.

This is possibly even more complicated: as long as I don't put my own
money on the table, plan is simply flawless. As soon as I do, it becomes
flawed.

Correct me if I am wrong... or right...

> Oh I am having fun with this.  {8^D

O yes. I start having fun, too.