[ExI] Forking

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 10:03:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless forking (and regular biological reproduction) is limited to a
> figure below the economic growth, I suspect the practice would cause a
> nearly immediate war because an economic bleak future would rapidly
> become obvious to all (driving meme, Kill the Forkers!).  At some
> point even the entire material resources of the solar system will in
> use, like in Accelerado.  Speed of light considerations (which we are
> already seeing) may limit us to the earth in which case materials
> limits will hit much sooner.

I suspect that those with the economic ability to fork will do so, and
that this will lead to an even greater divide between the haves and
have nots. If the gulf is too wide for the occupy wall street crowd
now, I can't imagine how they'll feel in 100 years.

Funny thing happened this morning... I was looking for a way to watch
a football game on the Internet, and one of the first hits was this:
http://occupywallst.org/forum/byu-vs-tulsa-live-stream-watch-byu-vs-tulsa-online/
I guess even the occupy crowd likes their football... even if they
have to engage in a little capitalism to get it... LOL!

-Kelly