[ExI] Fw: Re: atheists declare religions as scams.

John Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 1 15:26:26 UTC 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Darren Greer wrote:

> A teapot agnostic says "I don't have enough data to determine whether the teapot exists so I can't form an opinion."

Then he is not only a teapot agnostic he is also a liar because, assuming he is not a resident of a looney bin, you can be quite certain that he DOES have an opinion regarding a teapot in orbit around the planet Uranus. In addition, if logically you are justified in being 99.9999% certain that X does not exist then if it's irrational its not very irrational if emotionally you are 100% certain that X does not exist; the emotional part of the human mind is just not equipped with such precession tolerances to allow greater distinctions than that because Evolution decided it would be a waste of resources.

> You allot each position as a possibility

In the real world where scientists actually do things they regard some possibilities (most possibilities actually) as being so low they are not worth the wear and tear on their valuable brain cells.

> Respect has nothing to do with it.

Things you respect deserve your time, things you don't don't.

> See my point?

No.

 John K Clark