[ExI] Oxford scientists edge toward quantum PC with 10b qubits.

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 22:35:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 2:21 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Machines would patiently keep repeating the same answers.  I see it as one
> hell of a breakthough, even if we know it isn't artificial intelligence.  I
> don't care if it isn't AI, all I want is something to keep my parents
> company 10 yrs from now.

I don't think you'll have to wait 10 years, but you may have to have a
lot of money. :-)

http://babakkia.posterous.com/france-developing-advanced-humanoid-robot-rom

The Japanese are working on Aibo, and other things like that. The
Japanese population inversion makes this a top national priority for
them, so look for the solution to this problem coming soon from that
direction. The hard part will be teaching your parents Japanese.. ;-)

-Kelly