[ExI] Plastination

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 08:24:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:34 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 04:03:32PM -0700, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>> Has anyone seriously looked at plastination as a method for preserving
>> brain tissue patterns?
>
> Yes. It doesn't work.

Thanks for your answer. You sound pretty definitive here, and I
appreciate that you might well be correct, but I didn't see that in
what you referenced. Perhaps I missed something. When you say it
doesn't work, are you saying that the structures that are preserved
are too large to reconstruct a working brain? Or was there some other
objection? Or were you merely stating that it wasn't Gunther's intent
to create brains that could be revivified later?

I personally don't go in for the quantum state stuff... if that has
anything to do with your answer. There is plenty in the brain at the
gross level to account for what's going on in there, IMHO.

-Kelly