[ExI] Voice operated computers

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 11:08:23 UTC 2011

On 7 February 2011 20:52, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> I am very sad
> that it is becoming quite popular to make video instead of using text for
> more and more information transfer.  It is not amenable to search, indexing
> or quick scanning.  A step backwards in my view.  I read a LOT faster than I
> process speech.

Indeed. With a PS3 you can watch a blu-ray movie at 2x speed without a
mickey-mouse distortion, but it is crazy to have to watch a talking
head on Youtube to listen at things that you could so much more
comfortably and quickly read...

I wonder whether this is a byproduct of increasing semi-literacy in
western countries.

--
Stefano Vaj