[ExI] Anonymous and AI

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Feb 9 07:43:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 02:50:52PM -0700, Keith Henson wrote:
> I am kind of surprised there is no discussion of this
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/feb/07/anonymous-attacks-us-security-company-hbgary?commentpage=all#start-of-comments
>
> It is obvious to me that the (probable) emergence of AI will come from
> this "group."  The motivation of the AI will be "lulz."

There's actually a faint possibility that the malware ecosystem
will eventually produce increasingly sophisticated self-propagating
malware, which could eventually take over large fractions of a
network in a single domain, and use the computational resources
of the compromised hosts to run increasingly sophisticated,
albeit likely still nefarious code.