[ExI] Watson On Jeopardy

David Lubkin lubkin at unreasonable.com
Wed Feb 16 16:10:04 UTC 2011

         :
         :
         :
>I am just trying to inject a dose of sanity.
>
>And failing.

As far as I can see, the only confusion is on
your part, from assuming that posters will stick to the topic.

What's happening is that the topic at hand
(Watson, in this case) triggers ideas. Thoughts
about AGI. Thoughts about how Watson could be
made a more sophisticated player. Thoughts about
game theory aspects of Jeopardy play. Etc.

I don't think I've ever had or heard a
conversation among extropians that didn't leap
off onto interesting tangents. Often mid-sentence.

I think of this as a feature, not a bug.

-- David.

Easy to find on: LinkedIn • Facebook • Twitter • Quora • Orkut