[ExI] Kurzweil On Watson

Darren Greer darren.greer3 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:08:16 UTC 2011

I kinda like Zhigalko but then I like the thin, intense type. Carlsen is way
too basketball A-team for me (memories of getting beat up in high school),
but yes, I can see how the novelty of a good-looking jock/chess master would
turn on G.Q. and super models.

d.

2011/2/17 spike <spike66 at att.net>

> *On Behalf Of *Darren Greer
>
> **
>
> *>…* I also predicted that when that happened we would either think better
> of computer intelligence, worse of human thinking, or worse of chess, and
> that if history was a guide, we would downgrade chess." d.
>

> That sounds like a good prediction, but it hasn’t worked that way really.
> Computers are better than all humans now, even the commercial versions that
> run on laptop computers.  Human vs human chess is still played, the prize
> funds are higher than ever, the highest rated human (Carlsen) is dating a
> supermodel and has been hired to sell clothing for G-Star.
>

> This may be a special case however, for Carlsen may be the first male chess
> grandmaster in history who is not an ugly geek.  Odd, for it seems about 80%
> of the top female chess players are knockout gorgeous, but we lads at that
> level are 80% radioactive ugly.
>

> Actually Darren, you are a valuable one to judge this contest.
>

> Scroll all the way down in this link and compare:
>

> http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7014
>

> spike

*There is no history, only biography.*
*